Progress

So far I've only been able to disassemble a few things and that. I cut up one crank mount the other day from a bike with a 3 ring crank. I've got a 6 speed cassette on another bike, so I might be able to combine the two of them and have an 18 speed trike. I've got to looking at my other parts and pieces and I'm considering taking the women's 10 speed and chopping it up to make a long wheel base recumbent.
Long wheel base recumbent
Tadpole recumbent trike

Yea, they look unusual . . . but there is a reason I'm getting all these bikes for free . . . most people hate riding a bike! I want something comfy that I can get out and enjoy using and believe me the thought of a little bike seat scrunched up my rear isn't a pleasant thought. (I know, I could get a better seat, but that doesn't solve other issues also.) I have a lot of time right now and this is a good way to get some good experience with my welder on a project that is fun. I was hoping to work on my convertible, but replacement body panels parts to get it up and going are expensive. This will be a nice diversion.

Comments

Popular Posts